January 13, 2009
Some of the more interesting and important items for January 13th :
- GM Expects To Lose 500 US Dealerships – Now what are they going to do? The last thing we need is car salesmanrwce lurking around dark alleys….
- China's exports in record decline – This is the kind f thing that is getting concerning.
- Oil Invetories Rise Due to Contango – Companies are buying front month crude futures, storing it and selling later deliveries due to decrease in storage prices and opportunities for arbitrage.
- GM to Cut 1700 Dealerships by 2012 – General Motors plans to cut dealerships and are interested in selling Hummer and Saab brands
- Obama, Bush May Seek TARP Funds as Early as Today, Dodd Says – Getting worse by the hour
December 21, 2008
A few of the more important reading items and links for December 21st :
- Bush E-Mails May Be Secret a Bit Longer – (Horowitz) WOWOWOW – Cheney Strikes again! Now emails will be lost forever?
- Obama Expands Economic Recovery Plan to Create 3 Million Jobs – Why not 4 million? It is only posturing anyway, right?
- The Problem With the Federal Reserve's Money-Printing – The world ran out of trust in 2008 — but there is no shortage of money because the Fed is printing like mad. It's the wrong approach, with potentially dire consequences, says James Grant.
- Madoff trades.. – NEVER DONE.. Not Possible, not ever….
- Keep spending – China's economic slowdown is deepening because a slump in the property market and construction has coincided with waning overseas demand for the nation's toys and computers.
December 18, 2008
A few of the more important reading items and links for December 18th :
- Madoff Sets Off Book Race – Let's party on others misfortune!
- Credit Card Companies Feeling Heavy Default Risk – Credit card companies are now feeling the trickle down effect of global recession.
- Mortgage Rates at 37 Year Low – Rates lowest we have seen in 30 years
- The Madoff List – $800 million loss to Horowitz – NO! The Horowitz on the list is not me….My $800 million is safe. (HA!)
- Credit Card Crackdown – Legislation changes for credit card companies
December 17, 2008
A few of the more important reading items and links for December 17th :
- Jobs won't deliver Macworld keynote – So, let me get this straight…. No Jobs, No Apple at MacWorld Expo… Good, now maybe Gates can finally do the keynote…
- SEC chairman says agency failed to probe Madoff – OH Mr. Cox!!!! How much more failure can the SEC provide? You and your team are not showing any amount of benefit.
- SEC Gives Social Investing Site kaChing Green Light To Take On Mutual Funds – Is it me or is this just another mess waiting to happen?
- The Madoff List (2) – WSJ Version of the fallout
- Bernie Madoff's Victims: The List – Growing daily and more horrifying by the minute
- OIl back to $150? – Merrill Oil Guru Shifts From Bull to Bear and Back
- FOMC Establishes 0 to .25 Fed Funds Rate – Markets initially react positive to rate cuts.
- Into the FOMC Policy Statement – A look into possible FOMC outcomes
December 15, 2008
A few of the more important reading items and links for December 15th :
- State budgets expected to drop for first time in a generation – Short 'em
- Bernard Madoff arrested over alleged $50 billion fraud | Reuters – This is the worst news I have heard so far. This guy was/is/was a legend….This is not funny…
- GMAC bond exchange flop threatens bank bid – This is a big holding of some of the mutual funds… Why we short 'em!
- Treasury Criticized on Hill Over TARP – In a hearing Wednesday, members of the House Financial Services Committee questioned Treasury Assistant Secretary Neel Kashkari over his agency's handling of the Troubled Asset Relief Program
- House approves rescue package for Big Three automakers – Senate is going to be tougher though.. Choppy week ahead..