Sunday Fun: Are We Better Off?
September 9, 2012 3:01 pm
On this week”s DHUnplugged, we tried to take an objective look at the question that everyone is asking. It seems that it got a great deal of attention and there is a healthy debate raging on Facebook.
Here are the stat we looked at,each was pulled directly from the sources:
(Don’t shoot the messenger – you decide for yourself)
Some data points to consider – 4 years ago vs. today:
- Full Time Employed then: 117 million, employed now 114 million
- U6 Unemployment rate then: 14% – now 15% (includes part time workers who want to work full time but can’t find a FT job)
- Real wages up 0%
- National Debt then: 10.6 trillion, now 16 trillion
- Average price of gas then: $1.88, now $4.00
- SPX then 950, now 1,400
- Total GDP then 12,846 now 13,546 (billion)
- Total Gvt Spending then 2,908 now 3,052 (billion)
- FED balance sheet 2 trillion plus now from under 200 billion
- Income for Black households fell 11.5% during Obama’s Presidency vs 5.2% for white households