Links and Reading for May 1st
May 1, 2011 6:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for May 1st :
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Commodities Beat Financial Assets in Longest Streak Since 1997 – Bloomberg – Commodities beat stocks, bonds and the dollar for a fifth straight month, the longest stretch in at least 14 years, as demand for raw materials increases with expanding economies and Federal Reserve promises to boost growth.
- China’s April PMI eases from March – MarketWatch – China reported that a key measure of manufacturing growth and inflation pressure, the purchasing-managers’ survey, eased in April from March, reducing the prospect that the authorities will take further measures to cool the economy, Sunday media reports said.
- Buffett says Sokol mess wasn’t his first mistake – Yahoo! Finance – Buffett said Sunday he has made mistakes before and he will make more in the future. Now that the details of David Sokol's Lubrizol investment are mostly out, Buffett says people can make their own judgments about him.
- A Dead End for India’s Poor – Five years ago, India launched a massive jobs program for millions of its poorest citizens. But critics say it's ineffective and riddled with corruption. WSJ's Rebecca Byerly reports.