HAPPY IBM DAY! An Analyst LoveFest
March 9, 2011 11:45 am
There is big doings in IBMland apparently. This is one of our largest holdings for the TDIMG portfolios, so this is a position that we see as holding an important spot in the technology space. Now at an all-time high, shares are bucking the trend today with the general markets under selling pressure. In fact, the share move is providing a 30+ point uptick for the DJIA.
Highlights of the Analyst Day on March 8th:
IBM Chief Financial Officer Mark Loughridge Speaks At Briefing
- IBM Ahead Of Pace For 2015 Acquisitions Goal, CFO Says
- IBM To Spend About $35b On R&D In Next Five Years
- IBM Sees About $100b Free Cash Flow Over Next 5yrs In Roadmap
- IBM Sees About $20b Investment On Acquisitions Over Next 5yrs
- IBM Sees About $70b Capital Returned To Holders Over Next 5 Yrs
- IBM Sees Growth Markets Sales Up About $17 Billion Through 2015
So, what happened?
Analysts got all a flutter it appears as there was a flurry of upgrades this morning. Other than earnings release days, I do not recall seeing such an outpouring of love for a company in some time.
- IBM target increased to $176 by RBC Capital
- IBM target increased to $200 by Deutsche Bank
- IBM target increased to $180 by BMO Capital
- IBM target increased to $180 by Canaccord
- IBM target increased to $185 by Collins Stewart
- IBM target increased to $185 by Stifel Nicolaus
- IBM target increased to $185 by Caris & Company
Our OneSheet on IBM… Looks solid from both the fundamental and technical perspectives.