Links and Reading for January 24th
January 24, 2011 10:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for January 24th :
- History of market responses to State of the Union – MarketWatch – The chart above shows the Dow Jones Industrial Average on the day after State of the Union addresses, as well as on speeches to joint sessions of Congress that effectively were replacements for the Big Speech (like President Barack Obama’s speech on Feb. 24, 2009). See full preview of State of the Union.
- American Market Preferred in Global Poll on New Confidence – Global investors are taking more risks with their money and targeting the U.S. as one of the best places to put their funds as they grow increasingly confident in the economic outlook.
- Apple reaches 10 billion apps mark – MarketWatch – Apple Inc.’s App Store has now gotten more than 10 billion downloads, the company said Saturday.
- Zynga’s In-Game Advertising and Social Strategy – Manny Anekal, Director of Brand Advertising, discusses Zynga's in-game advertising and social strategy and plans for 2011.
- Irish PM Cowen out as party leader – MarketWatch – Brian Cowen has left his post as party leader of Ireland’s Fianna Fáil party in the wake of a failed attempt to reshuffle his Cabinet, according to multiple media reports Saturday.