Links and Reading for April 14th
April 14, 2010 7:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for April 14th :
- Credit-Card Swipes by U.S. Truckers Show Recovery Spreading From Factories – Interesting…
- Germany Demands on Greece Hamper Bailout Agreement (Update1) – Bloomberg.com – German resistance to subsidizing emergency loans for Greece may hold up efforts by the European Union to reach agreement on terms of a proposed financial lifeline for the debt-strapped nation.
- Soros Says Pound Devaluation Is Option for Next U.K. Government – Bloomberg.com – The pound has dropped about 25 percent on a trade-weighted basis since the start of 2007, making exporters’ goods less expensive overseas.
- China Reports March Trade Deficit on Surging Imports (Update3) – Bloomberg.com – April 10 (Bloomberg) — China posted its first trade deficit in six years in March even as the yuan stayed pegged to the dollar, aiding government efforts to play down the currency’s role in global economic imbalances.
- 1.2 million households lost to recession – Eye on the Economy- msnbc.com – “I’ve lived with my brother, my cousin, my friend and my dad,” he said. “The IRS keeps calling me, asking me: ‘What’s your address?’ And I say, ‘What week is this?’”