Links and Reading for March 17th
March 17, 2010 1:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for March 17th :
- Jason Taylor Reading Room – Calling All Readers… : The Disciplined Investor – Please check this out
- Senators back bill to pressure China on currency – A group of 14 U.S. senators unveiled legislation Tuesday that seeks to increase pressure on China to let its currency to rise in value against the dollar, saying Chinese "currency manipulation" is hurting the U.S. economy.<br />
The bill calls for stiff trade sanctions if China does not act.
- Greece Eager for Details on European Aid – NYTimes.com – BRUSSELS — Greece received a welcome vote of confidence on Tuesday from the rating agency Standard & Poor’s for its deficit-reduction efforts, but the country was still pressing for details on a new loan rescue package from fellow euro-zone members, which remain divided over how it might work.
- China in ‘Greatest Bubble in History,’ ex-LTCM’s Rickards Says – Bloomberg.com – China is in the midst of “the greatest bubble in history,” said James Rickards, former general counsel of hedge fund Long-Term Capital Management LP.
- CIT Group posts 4Q loss of $1 billion – Yahoo! Finance – CIT Group on Tuesday said it lost $1 billion in the fourth quarter, excluding a huge one-time reorganization benefit.<br />
The company also recorded a full-year loss of $4 million as losses from bad loans more than offset financial benefits from its bankruptcy reorganization.