Links and Reading for January 5th
January 5, 2010 6:01 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for January 5th :
- ESPN, Discovery to launch 3-D TV networks – Nice!
- Pending Home Sales – Down How Much? – As we has been expecting, there was a heavy hangover from the temporary rush for the tax credit for home-buyers that would be noticeable over the next couple of months
- Time To Reduce Mortgage Principal Payments: Lockhart – CNBC – James Lockhart, former head of the Federal Housing Agency, told CNBC Tuesday that he wants more generous mortgage modifications, including principal payment reductions.
- Americans’ job satisfaction falls to record low – Careers- msnbc.com – Even Americans who are lucky enough to have work in this economy are becoming more unhappy with their jobs, according to a new survey that found only 45 percent of Americans are satisfied with their work.
- Investors.com – For Consumer Electronics, Lack Of Radio Spectrum Called Top 2010 Challenge – The lack of available spectrum for new wireless services has reached almost a crisis level, he says. The U.S. needs to rethink how it allocates and uses radio spectrum. There are swaths of inefficiently used spectrum that should be reclaimed and reallocated for uses that best serve the public interest, Shapiro says.