Links and Reading for December 15th
December 15, 2009 6:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for December 15th :
- WYNN Resorts (WYNN) – Bet the Don’t Pass Line (SHORT) – Wynn Short idea discussed
- FDIC Approves Giving Banks Reprieve From Capital Requirements – The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. gave banks including Citigroup Inc., Bank of America Corp. and JPMorgan Chase & Co. a reprieve of at least six months from raising capital to support billions of dollars of securities the firms will be adding to their balance sheets. (Thanks Chris)
Bank regulators including the FDIC and Federal Reserve want to permit a phase-in of capital requirements that rise starting next month under a change approved by the Financial Accounting Standards Board. The rule, passed in May, eliminates some off- balance-sheet trusts, forcing banks to put billions of dollars of assets and liabilities on their books.
- Ladies and Gentlemen – Inflation Is In The House! –
- Homebuilder Confidence in U.S. Unexpectedly Declines on Concern Over Jobs – Unexpectedly…
- China, India bring climate talks to halt – Climate Change- msnbc.com – China, India and other developing nations blocked U.N. climate talks on Monday, bringing negotiations to a halt with their demand that rich countries discuss much deeper cuts in their greenhouse gas emissions.