Links and Reading for December 2nd
December 2, 2009 4:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for December 2nd :
- Venezuelan Bonds Plunge as Chavez Threatens to Nationalize Bank Industry – Nationalize or take over? Is there a difference?
- Paul Krugman to Sell Brazil Assets Because Investors `Loving It Too Much’ – Aren't we sick of Economists trying to understand markets?
- Critics From Across the Spectrum Rip Afghan Troop Plan – WSJ.com – Some of Mr. Obama's most loyal supporters among liberal grass-roots groups denounced the 30,000-troop escalation—despite a newly revealed plan for a quick drawdown that White House officials had hoped would mollify the left.
- Alwaleed Says Western Banks Made Wrong Assumptions About Dubai’s Credit – Payback is a bitch!
- G.M. Asks Its Chief to Resign – It depends on who s telling this story. Resign or Fired?
- Need a Job? 1 Million Available at $10-$20 Per Hour – We estimate that $450,000,000 per month will be spent on the census