Links and Reading for August 12th
August 12, 2009 11:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for August 12th :
- Paulson & Co. Hedge Fund Buys Shares in Goldman, Bank America, AngloGold – Nice way to pop the positions a month after purchase
- Food Firms Warn of Sugar Shortage – This is the reason why we have DBA in our portfolios
- Short Selling in S&P 500 Drops – Short Interest declined by 12 percent from the previous period making it the steepest drop since September 30, 2008.
- FOMC Preview – The Federal Reserve is expected to keep rates steady and discontinue its program of buying long-term treasuries.
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stock market to test July lows, analyst says – Everyday there is a different call…