Links and Reading for August 10th
August 10, 2009 8:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for August 10th :
- Goldman must yield info in trade secret case: judge – WOW!
- EBay, GM to start car-selling trial Tuesday (AP) – This should be interesting…PayPal going to finance?
- Judge rejects BofA bonus settlement with SEC – DON'T DO IT!!!!!
- Google’s video move – Google moving more and more toward video
- Buffett’s Berkshire Returns to Profit on Derivatives Tied to Stock Markets – Interesting. LIke Goldman and others, Buffet's core business is struggling while investing and trading are booming
- Singapore’s Economy Contracted 6.5% in First Half, Prime Minister Lee Says – “We are now in a stronger position,” Lee said in a televised National Day message today. The decline in the first six months was “less bad than we had feared” after an easing in the global recession and government measures helped Singapore’s economy “bounce back” last quarter, he said.
- Auto Review: 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 4: Pushing all buttons – Get it while it is still hot (Cash for Clunkers to Porsche anyone?)