Links and Reading for July 24th
July 24, 2009 12:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for July 24th :
- Palm’s Pre is Back on iTunes’ Good Side for Now – After a recent update from Apple, Palm's Pre mobile phones were unable to utilize iTunes. According to a recent blog, Apple has subsequently released a new update allowing the Pre to continue to download music, video and podcasts.
- Cash For Clunkers Boosting Auto Sales – Analysts predict that the "Cash for Clunkers" bill which took effect on July 1st may boost auto sales to an annual pace of 10 million for the first time this year.
- 18.7 Million Homes Vacant – As banks seize homes and the unemployment rate rises the number of vacant homes continues to rise.
- Microsoft’s Profit, Sales Tumble – SURPRISE!
- Probability of a Double Dip Recession Rising – Nouriel Roubini, the New York University Professor and Chairman of Roubini Global Economics stated that a "perfect storm" of fiscal deficits, rising bond yields and "soaring oil prices may increase the risk of a double dip recession in the near future.