Links and Reading for July 14th
July 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for July 14th :
- BlackRock to Get at Least $71 Million Overseeing Maiden Lane in First Year – Nice babysitting job. – Maiden Lane = Bear Strearns assets
- OPEC boosts output for third month as prices rise – Then oil went down. Not the best plan of execution that I have ever seen
- Wall St flat as earnings offset retail sales data – Retail was not as great as the headlines would have us believe.
- Singapore Raises GDP Forecast as Nation Emerges From Its Deepest Recession – Asia is on fire. Can we trust the numbers? Watch the markets instead…
- CSX Quarterly Profit Falls 20% – Shares initially surged then came back to the price of the day's close. This is going to be a good tell of the economy's luster.
- Meg Whitman Puts $15 Million of Own Money Into California Governor’s Race – Did she bid or do a buy now?
- Steven Rattner to leave autos task force | Reuters – Another deserter ? Why can't this administration keep anyone?
- U.S. in Advanced Talks to Aid CIT – Why not? It should only be about $500 billion or so. ( Maybe a trillion, but that is not much for us )
- Oil settles below $60 a barrel on demand worries (AP) – But Buy GOLDMAN!!!!!!! Yeeesh
- Barclays’ Strategist Knapp Boosts S&P 500 Target 23% to 930 – Bloomberg.com – You tell me, are they saying anything worthwhile?
- Dell Says Profit May Drop Because of Price Squeeze (Correct) – Bloomberg.com – Down 10% +in after hours trade. A sign of things to come or an anomaly?