Links and Reading for May 4th
May 4, 2009 3:00 am
Some of the more interesting and important items for May 4th :
- The Other Shoe – Here it comes…
- You Have Got Mail — From Nigeria – They never stop… Why should they, they keep fooling us..
- New Strain of Flu Virus Spreads to 18 Countries – The challenge for all of them has been to balance the genuine danger of a serious outbreak with the risk of overreacting, a decision that must be made before the virus's full lethality becomes clear.
- Buffett Lambastes Bankers, Insurers for ‘Greed,’ ‘Stupidity’ – Warren Buffett lambasted bankers, insurers and regulators for being blind to the possibility home prices could fall, and said their shortcomings caused the worst recession in half a century.
- Buffett Says He Sees ‘No Signs’ of Recovery in Housing, Retail – Bloomberg.com – “There’s no signs of any real bounce at all in anything to do with housing, retailing, all that sort of thing,” said Buffett, 78, in a Bloomberg Television interview before the Omaha, Nebraska-based company’s annual shareholder meeting today. “You never know for sure, even if there’s a leveling off, which way the next move will be.”
- Citigroup Said to Pursue Capital-Raising Manuevers That Avert U.S. Control – Anything but working with the U.S. government it seems