Links and Reading for March 21st
March 21, 2009 4:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for March 21st :
- Goldman rejected offers to settle AIG trades at discount – Why should they? The government will step in with taxpayer money and pay anyway….
- China’s last eunuch spills sex secrets – Only two memories brought tears to Sun Yaoting's eyes in old age — the day his father cut off his genitals, and the day his family threw away the pickled remains that should have made him a whole man again at death.
- U.S. regulator probing "rampant Ponzimonium" – Or is it Madoffmionium?
- Barclays May Lend as Much as 80% to Buyer of Its Ishares Unit – How is this a sale?
- AIG unit sues Countrywide over loan losses (AP) – More sharks eating sharks
- U.S. Leading Economic Indicators Probably Dropped in February – Someting is bugging the FED
- FOMC Policy Statement – Federal Reserve increases its purchases of mortgage backed securities and expands the TALF leaving interest rates unchanged.