Links and Reading for February 11th
February 11, 2009 2:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for February 11th :
- Oil Inventories Rise Again – Oil Inventories continue to rise
- Research In Motion Falls – RIMM reported earnings decline
- Russian Bank talk – The government “isn’t planning to consider” restructuring foreign corporate debt and isn’t in talks with foreign banks on restructuring, said a Finance Ministry official, who declined to be named in line with ministry rules. Russian companies may need to restructure as much as $100 billion of foreign debt, of which less than $15 billion is due this year, Aksakov said.
- Obama Signals $700 Billion Bank Rescue May Be Expanded to Foster Stability – Make it $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. That should do the trick!
- Nissan to Cut 20,000 Jobs, Forecasts $2.9 Billion Loss as Car Sales Slump – 20,000 is a major cut and very unexpected..
- Oil not changing – Crude oil traded little changed in New York amid doubts a $780 billion stimulus plan in the U.S. will lead to a rapid recovery in global energy demand.