Links and Reading for January 24th
January 24, 2009 1:00 pm
Some of the more interesting and important items for January 24th :
- Euro, Once a Boon, Is Now a Burden for Some – NYTimes.com – This is where the real problem lies with currency markets
- Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor Lost as Much as $10 Million With Madoff, Lawyer Says – She never met a man she did not like, until now
- Treasury 30-Year Bonds Post Biggest Weekly Loss Since 1987 on Debt Concern – Nice! We invested a nice piece in $TBT and it paid off handsomely the last 2 weeks….
- Washington Mutual Owes $12.5 Billion Taxes, IRS Says in Bankruptcy Case – How they going to pay that? Oh yeah, you and me…..
- Microsoft CEO sees slow economic rebound: employees – Balmer is no economist. If he was he would have planned better.
- Capital One results suggest gloomy 2009 for credit card industry – Amazing that it has taken this long to figure out that COF is in bad shape
- Freddie Mac May Need $35 Billion – MAY? MIGHT? COULD? PERHAPS? Come on…
- Citigroup Plans to Raise $12 Billion in Largest FDIC-Guaranteed Bond Sale – AHHHH, more money to the dogs…