Links and Reading for January 16th
January 17, 2009 12:00 am
Some of the more interesting and important items for January 16th :
- EU Hits Microsoft With New Charges – This is going to be one of the ways that the EU creates more assets to hand out to the banks. In some circles this is called "washing money"
- Intel Plans to Sell Hard Drives With Double the Capacity, Document Reveals – More of Moore's Law
- Florida Hedge-Fund Manager Nadel Disappears; Clients Report Missing Money – Why it it always seem that this kind of stuff happens in Florida?
- Paulson, Bair Raise ‘Aggregator Bank’ for Toxic Debt – Duck, Duck, Duck, BANK
- Nearly 200,000 Without Power in Michigan – How much worse can it get for the mitten state???
- Bank troubles raise fears of growing bailout (AP) – That is a surprise? Just keep on shoving it in…
- US Treasury to Save Money on Bonds – Late 70's and early 80's high yield bonds coming due soon.