Links and Reading for October 14th
October 14, 2008 10:00 pm
A few of the more important reading items and links for October 14th :
- Slow-Motion Crash Leaves Investors Scrambling – Great interactive graphic
- Democrats Mull $300 Billion Stimulus – WSJ.com – What drugs are they on? "Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill are drawing up plans to toughen oversight of the financial industry and considering introducing another economic-stimulus package."
- Bloomberg.com: Worldwide – France, Germany and Britain are setting their sights on a bigger goal: tightening financial regulations worldwide. But of course the U.S. will protest….
- Budget Deficit Surges to All-Time High – WSJ.com – The budget deficit grew to $454.81 billion, up from $161.53 billion in fiscal 2007, the Treasury Department said Tuesday.
- Credit Crisis: The Risk Hits Russia – Russia is really in trouble.. No news here..but interesting though…
- The Next Meltdown: Credit-Card Debt – Better late than never??? Yeeesh