Audio: Dvorak/Horowitz Unplugged #4
October 2, 2008 11:01 am
Here is the fourth conversation I had with John C. Dvorak. This was recorded immediately after the vote on the Senate Bail-Out Bill… new insights for anyone who invests in anything. What to do? This chat is not produced and presented as-is for anyone who wants to listen in.
We cover the pork in the Senate version and the new Wall Street Journal website. Now, in their infinite wisdom, the Senate has added about 350 pages.
The Text of the new package adds such pork-barrel and earmarks like:
New Tax earmarks in Bailout bill
– Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
– Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
– 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill.
– Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)
– American Samoa (Sec. 309)
– Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
– Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
– Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
– Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
– Railroads (Sec. 316)
– Auto Racing Tracks (317)
– District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
– Wool Research (Sec. 325)
(Thanks to Soundwash for the above list)
For those masochists out there:
The House Financial Services Committee bill in all its wonder @ 110 pages. Click Here
The text of the revised Senate bailout bill – now 451 pages. Remember, the first version was 2 1/2 pages, the second version was 110 pages.