Links and Reading for September 28th
September 28, 2008 2:00 pm
A few of the more important reading items and links for September 28th :
- Hedge funds suffer as short selling ban disrupts strategies – The short selling ban has boosted shares of many financial companies, but it's roiling the $2 trillion hedge fund industry.
- U.K. Set to Nationalize B&B – After months of searching for a private buyer, the government now plans to take control of the mid-sized mortgage lender and may then sell off pieces to other banks,
- Sale or Break-up of Fortis Possible – The apples and the lemons are falling from the trees
- Towns that could be hit hardest by crisis – Funny, I spoke to BusinessWeek months ago about this… I suppose they did not think it was important
- Bailout close…. – Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades